Smoke Detectors can Save Lives in Austin & Albert Lea
Fire spreads fast once it is started so SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea wants to remind you that smoke detectors (smoke alarms) can help save lives in your Austin & Albert Lea home. An alarm alerts you that danger is presently giving you time to get out.
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea wants you to remember:
- Closed doors can slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. That is good for reducing smoke damage and fire damage. That is also why you should have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room in the home
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home
- Large homes might need extra smoke alarms
- Some companies make alarms that are interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound
- Do not turn off smoke detectors when cooking
- Test the smoke alarms at least once a month. There is a test button on the alarm
- When the alarm sounds, get everyone outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
If your Austin & Albert Lea home is not properly protected by a smoke detector, please install one. If you experience a fire, immediately vacate the home and then contact your fire department once you are outside the home. For fire clean-up or for more information please call us at 507-396-6644.
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea is independently owned and operated.